Posts Tagged ‘Backpacking Asia’
Before I try to rationalize for you my ill-conceived quest into the bamboo forests of Sichuan, I’d like to clarify that I harbor no secret vendetta against the Giant Panda. I just simply couldn’t understand why the world fetish...
THE JJIMJILBANG DIARIES (Parts 1 &2): Six Days Naked in a Hot Tub Full of Old, Dirty Korean Men FOR SURVIVAL
Illustrations by, Jacquie Spadano and Ross Doran. ************************ I had not seen sunlight in over four days, but I knew it was nighttime. I could tell because the Koreans were singing again; their harrowing karaoke tr...
GoPro: check. New camera: check. Laptop: check. New content: currently in the making. Thanks again to everyone who donated!! New stories coming next Tuesday, March 19. To hold you over in the meantime, here’s a delicious ...
I once read in the book of life that if you sleuce enough alcohol at a problem, it will go away. I’ve recently tested this theory with trials because I am a strong advocate of the scientific method, and also an alcoholic. By mi...
I’m writing this article for my younger brother, who, with all due respect, is about to make a terrible mistake. “Steve!” he exclaimed over the phone. “I’m coming to visit you in Thailand for New Years! I’m booking my flight no...
Adventures in Backpackistan!
Last night, I ate spicy Chongqing hotpot in Beijing. This morning, I ate pita with feta and hummus in Istanbul. It’s now lunch time, and I am sitting in a sticky booth at a McDonald’s in downtown Brooklyn, weeping nostalgically...
- Going South on China: A Panda Hunt
- Guest Blogger Emily Chappell: Woman On The Road
- THE JJIMJILBANG DIARIES (Parts 1 &2): Six Days Naked in a Hot Tub Full of Old, Dirty Korean Men FOR SURVIVAL
- Weekly Postcard: Sichuan, China
- Club Rat: A Penny-Pincher’s Deplorable Guide to Partying Big While Spending Little
- A Dream Deferred: The End of Backpackology?
- A Steppe Too Far?: Eagle Hunters, Cultural Darwinism, and Getting Banned in Kazakhstan
- Off the Eaten Path: A Culinary Tour of Korea (Part One)