Posts Tagged ‘Burma’
Tweet Angkor Wat, Cambodia. The monsoon arrives over the Punjab, India. Bamboo grove, Japan. Rice hats, Vietnam. Golden domes of a mosque, Pakistan. Apsara dancers, Cambodia. Violet mist and Buddhist monks. Mandalay, Burma. Sic...
Tweet He was watching me. I noticed his shifting eyes at about 4AM, as I sat alone in my grimy hotel room, sweatily typing a story in my boxers, beneath a ceiling fan that rattled in the sultry, pre-monsoon heat. He was in my s...
Adventures in Backpackistan!
Tweet The biting winter chill swirled around me as I stepped out of the plane, and I tugged my flimsy jacket close around me. “Ni hao,” smiled the stewardess, “Welcome to Beijing.” The 10 mg of Ambien my friend had given me in ...
Tweet In the darkness, I could feel my heart pounding. I had been lying in bed for over an hour, staring up at the ceiling of my hotel room, fighting to breathe against the stifling heat of the Burmese monsoon, which hung over ...
- The Long Road To Nowhere: A Hitchhiker’s Tale from Outer Mongolia
- Walnuts & Machine Guns: A Taliban Tale
- Garden of the Corpse Flower: A Sumatran Jungle Quest for the Rarest Flower on Earth
- Bungle in the Jungle, Five Days in the Hide: An Ill-Fated Search for the Rare and Elusive Nasalis Larvatus
- Photo Travelogue: The Biggest Darkness (An Expedition to the Largest Cave Chamber on Earth)
- Slumber Party with Headhunters
- Getting a Deadly Illness & Other Buttfuckery
- Photo Series: “Asia in Color”